Samstag, 21. Mai 2011

Q&A mit MSN TV

(Auf englisch!)

MSN TV: How excited were you to bring back the character of Sharpay for this movie?

Ashley Tisdale: It was so much fun. It was crazy, and I had mixed emotions because I was super-excited. It was a really great script and a great ending to an amazing character that's given me a lot. Also, at the same time, it was definitely a challenge because I was so used to being around the cast, like Zac [Efron] and Vanessa [Hudgens] and just jumping back into that character who was the one that stirred up all the trouble, and now she's the lead. You have to love her and you have to root for her, but how do you keep her in character? It was definitely challenging but a lot of fun.

MSN TV:Do you enjoy movies that you get to sing in?

Ashley Tisdale: I do. I've done a lot of them so ... (laughs). I love music, though. I feel like every project I've ever done has had music involved in it somehow. Like, "Hellcats" has great music, "High School Musical"... I think it's great. I love it.

MSN TV: Do you enjoy watching musicals yourself? If so, what is your favorite musical?

Ashley Tisdale: Yeah! Growing up I used to watch "Grease." I also grew up near New York City, in New Jersey, so I went to Broadway shows all the time. I grew up on "Les Miserables" and "Phantom of the Opera." I always have been a big fan of musicals.

MSN TV: Have you ever done a musical on Broadway?

Ashley Tisdale: Not on Broadway. I did the national and international tour of "Les Miserables" when I was 8 years old, and I also did the international tour of "Annie" in Korea. So I've done a touch -- a little bit of that, but never on Broadway.

MSN TV: Would you want to if the opportunity came up?

Ashley Tisdale: It just depends. Right now in my life, I never say "no" to anything. Right now I feel like I want to keep doing things that I haven't done. If it is a right role in a couple years, if I'm right for that, I have no idea. Right now I'm focused on doing movies and TV and other things like that.

MSN TV: What other projects do you have going on right now?

Ashley Tisdale: Right now we are in a hiatus for "Hellcats" and we're seeing if it gets picked up for the first season. [The CW announced it was canceling "Hellcats" a few day after this interview]. Depending on that, that would pick up in July. So really, I'm looking for projects that are being able to be done before then, so definitely movies ... and also producing. I have a production company. I have a couple things in development, and we just had a series picked up for Bravo, so that takes up some time, for sure, so it's been kind of crazy.

MSN TV: What message do you want fans to know about this movie?

Ashley Tisdale: I just hope they really enjoy the movie. It's going to be a lot of fun. It's going to be such a great ending. For people who haven't even seen the "High School Musical" franchise, this movie stands on its own. It'll maybe make them laugh and make them cry.

MSN TV: A lot of Disney Channel shows have ended their run recently, like "The Suite Life on Deck," and "Wizards of Waverly Place" taped its last show. What are your thoughts about them ending?

I think nothing ever ends on Disney Channel. They keep playing it (laughs). So the audience has nothing to worry about. There's definitely a change when you come out of Disney Channel. I did this movie for them, and coming off of the TV show a couple years ago, you're so crazy-busy -- they call it Disneyland -- it feels like you're graduating high school, and there's a feeling of what's next? What do we do now? I wish everybody good luck. Especially Selena [Gomez]. She is a really great actress. She has such a good head on her shoulders. She's so sweet. I think she's going to do really well.

MSN TV: Do you keep in touch with all the people you've worked with on Disney Channel?

I do. I saw the Sprouse twins when they were filming "The Suite Life Movie" in Vancouver when I was filming "Hellcats." I took them out to dinner a couple times. I'm with Zac and Vanessa all the time whenever we're in L.A. together. I love keeping a connection with everyone I've worked with.

Quelle

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen